The Quality Assurance Mark
The Quality Assurance Mark scheme provides the opportunity to describe how Memory Cafe services are delivered and show the relevant policies and practices that your organisation applies to ensure safe, caring, effective, and responsive services.
Who can apply?...
It is open to Memory Cafes who provide support, services and activities to improve the health and wellbeing of people in our communities. This helps build confidence and awareness with health professionals and the public in the range and quality of health and wellbeing activities and services available through Memory Cafes.
This Quality Mark is a locally developed initiative supported by the community and voluntary service infrastructure organisations in Teignbridge, South Hams and Torbay and funded by the Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust.
Why should my Memory Cafe apply to the Quality Assurance Scheme?
- To receive recognition of the quality services you provide.
- To instil confidence for people working in health and wellbeing to signpost people to other services, as well as, make referrals or contracts for local services.
- Better promotion of the voluntary services available.
- Opportunity for small organisations to engage in the process.
- All governance in one place can help with future planning and funding applications
The questions in the application form are based on 5 quality measures which constitute the components of well-led organisations providing safe and caring services:
1. Organisation - management structure.
2. Supported and well-trained volunteers.
3. Engagement with clients and community.
4. Legal requirements - safe and caring practices.
5. Employment - recruiting and developing (for employer organisations only)
How do I apply?
Application support is available from your local community infrastructure organisation. We can guide you through the process and signpost you to resources and best practice approaches to support your organisation towards achieving the Quality Mark.
The application process...
Step 1: Register your interest via our contact page or email email@example.com
Step 2: Complete the Application Form and you will be asked to submit to your local CVS office.
Step 3: Take part in a friendly Assessment Interview via telephone call and/or 1-2-1 session, where we will ask you about the sources of evidence you have submitted to support your application.
Where there are gaps or weak evidence, we may advise you on how to strengthen this evidence base by creating an action plan for you.
Step 4: Following the Assessment Interview, we will ask you to send us the relevant supporting evidence, (i.e evidence that we do not already have or cannot access via public sources.); and progress against the action plan (if created).
Step 5: Following final submission of evidence (and progress against action plan – if issued), you will be contacted within 6 weeks with the outcome.
Note: If you have an existing quality assurance award in place, we will take this into consideration to avoid duplication in requesting sources of evidence.